Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Running with the wife and training hard

Andrea is a bona fide sand bagger! Went for a run with her on sunday. I worked my butt off to get 8 miles in 1 hr 1 minute over a not flat course. She rolled in 3 minutes behind me. I 'circled up' at 3 miles so I could run with her and then spent the next 2 miles CHASING her! Witch! You just know she kicked it into gear. Finally, on a tough hill, I was able to reel her in. Hmmmm ,maybe our coach needs to here of this....

I forgot what training hard was all about since it's been since 2003 that I REALLY had any type of plan to follow. Now, 8+ years later I'm working with a coach again and the 'Dogs of War' have been released! Defiently a case of 'be careful what you wish for'.

When 5:20 am in the dreadfully cold North East chimed on my alarm I was like.......OOOOOOHHH god, not already!? I rolled out of bed, got my lovely wife and muself a coffee at Mrs. Murphy's and gird for battle with the bike and trainer. 8 minute Aenerobic intervals don't sound bad. I mean 8 minutes. How bad can it be? BAD. Add that there are four of them with only 2 minute rest intervals and by interval number four.......your begging for those 480 seconds to be done.

Triathletes are sick for sure. Here is a link of what it's REALLY all about. You'll split a gut laughing....but it's ALL true. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B03dFMG8nR4



No comments: